Department: Azzur Consulting LLC
Expected Salary Range: $79,000-122,000
Do What You Love
At Azzur, we look for talented individuals who take pride in the work they do. We foster employee growth by encouraging our employees to focus on doing what they love and what they do best.
Azzur Group San Francisco office is looking for Utilities Engineer to join our growing team. Working with a multi-disciplinary team, the Utilities Engineer will be responsible for contribute to team effort by accomplishing equipment performance related results. Provide recommendation and equipment optimization initiatives to promote Operational Reliability Improvement (ORI) and Right First Time strategy on maintenance and utility operations. He will support utility operation to operate and maintain site-wide utility equipment and systems, achieving an uninterrupted utilities supply in compliance with cGMP, EHS and regulatory requirements in a cost effective manner. Experience with cGMP and FDA compliance is essential.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support Utility Operation to ensure safe, reliable operation with uninterrupted utilities supply to site.
- Provide reliable plant utilities services of heating, cooling, steam, gas, and air by involve in installations, modifications and maintenance activities on utility equipment and systems.
- Develop utility operational SOP/procedures to ensure safe operation and shutdown of utility equipment and systems.
- Support manager to achieve financial objectives by preparing and controlling against approved annual utility operation budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions for utility equipment/systems and utilities services.
- Recommend equipment-optimizing initiative by involving in the equipment installation/commissioning activities; discussing maintenance needs.
- Resolve equipment performance issues by facilitating discussions with Utility Operation team to identify/define the problem and root cause, examine alternative solutions, and develop action plans.
- Support project construction and commissioning by reviewing new commissioning plans, discussing equipment needs and modifications with contractors, engineers and consultants, coordinating activities related to utility equipment and systems.
- Lead/participate in continuous improvement initiatives and support (IRS/QAR) investigations.
- Complete all assigned training on-time and also prior to work execution.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing desired results/KPIs.
- BS Engineering or related discipline.
- Must have critical utilities experience
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience in cGMP industrial experience, ideally covering Operations, Engineering, Projects and equipment qualification within API/Bioprocess manufacturing
- Demonstrated ability to provide technical solutions for complex problems through equipment/process knowledge
- Familiar with site Learning Management System and processes
- Proven ability leading and working in cross functional teams, excellent leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with FDA compliance and cGMP is required.
- Must be results oriented with several years of hands-on experience, familiar with industry concepts, practices, and procedures in a cGMP environment.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
From Discovery to Delivery™, Azzur Group provides the life science community full life-cycle solutions for all their GxP needs. From Azzur Cleanrooms on Demand™ facilities, to our labs, training centers and consulting offices across the nation, Azzur Group helps organizations start, scale, and sustain their growing enterprises. With nearly four decades of service to the life science community, we have become a trusted partner to the world's leading pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device, and healthcare companies, as well as their supply chain.
Do What You Love
At Azzur Group, it is our purpose to foster a culture that attracts and enables individuals with unique abilities and passions to reach both their life and career goals. We take crucial steps to ensure that each employee is fulfilled both in and out of the office.
In addition to our purpose, we have a set of core values that we live and breathe each day. Every benefit offered here at Azzur is designed to uphold our 4 core values; Putting Others First, Having the Courage to Take Action, Taking Personal Responsibility and Having Fun.
It is our mission to serve our communities, build positive and established relationships, create a healthy and fun work environment, ensure each employee and their families are healthy and thriving, grow each employee professionally with one of our customized training programs and keep a clear and open line of communication.
We are an equal opportunity employer and promote diverse culture, ethnicity, gender, and age in our workplace. We believe that promoting diversity plays an important role in developing top quality talent, fostering greater innovation and creativity, and enhancing our relationships with customers and the communities in which we operate.
If philanthropy, long lasting relationships, a clear career path forward and a positive, transparent, and fun company culture are something you are looking for in your next role, Azzur is the place for you.
Ideal Qualities:Ideal candidates will exhibit, or have the willingness to develop, the following qualities:
- Strategic thinker with strong analytical skills who can translate client needs into actionable value-added projects/results
- Understands the competitive landscape of the medical device, pharmaceutical, and biotechnology industry
- Willing to work hands on, assist with building client libraries, learn from a mentor, and become a mentor for others.
- Understands worldwide regulations and phase appropriate applications
- Draws insights from projects and supplemental research to help drive new and existing growth.
- Ensures activities are efficient, optimized, and client centric.
- Highly motivated and organized, solutions-oriented leader
- Curious and adaptable – must have the ability to transform knowledge into actionable activities
- Able to produce results in a fast paced, collaborative environment
Azzur Core Values:
Puts Others First...Have the Courage to Take Action…Take Personal Responsibilities…Have Fun!
This employer participates in E-Verify.