Department: Azzur Labs, LLC
Azzur Labs is seeking a Senior Director of Lab services for their Schnecksville PA locations. This person will be responsible for the overall business results of the laboratory and service area. Core responsibilities include sourcing and winning new business, attracting, and retaining people, managing finances and operations, and assuring compliance with governing agencies and client specifications. Applicants should have a broad diversity of experiences in biotech and pharmaceutical laboratory management.
- Set strategic direction for the Practice including short- and long-term goals.
- Develop business by establishing and maintaining positive relationships with new and existing clients.
- Support the attraction, hiring, development, and retention of skilled resources for the delivery of services
- Manage and maintain revenue and profitability, as defined on an annual basis
- Manage service execution by providing subject matter expertise, overseeing employee productivity and quality, and providing hands-on support, if needed
Required Work Experience:
- 10+ years in a regulated, laboratory environment within the biotechnology, pharmaceutical, or medical device industry.
- 5+ years life science compliance(microbiology), or Chemistry background.
- 3+ years experience in business management, planning, and financial oversight
- 3+ years experience in personnel management, including hiring, supervision, and evaluation
- Experience in A GMP microbiological laboratory, compendia testing, and compliance with USP, FDA, ISO AAMI and AOAC is required.
- Proven and established HLS network in a designated region
- Prior experience as director/operations manager / or project manager
- Outstanding people skills
- Prior sales/customer service experience.
- BS degree in Engineering, Science, or equivalent technical degree
Fulltime Employment with Azzur can offer you:
- Flexible PTO
- Training and Development Opportunities
- 401(k) match
- Bonus Eligibility
- Medical Benefits
- Paid Holidays
Who we are:
Azzur Group is dedicated to providing clients with efficient, innovative quality and compliance solutions from Discovery to Delivery™. With more than 500 industry partners, including 80% of the top pharma/biotech manufacturers in the U.S., Azzur Group provides carefully calibrated and efficiently executed project management, process engineering, and compliance services. As one of the fastest-growing private companies in America, Azzur Group provides clients with consulting, facility solutions, engineering, validation, IT, technical, training, COD, laboratory services, and solutions they need to remain innovative and competitive.
Azzur Group is an equal opportunity employer and promotes diverse cultures, ethnicity, gender, and age in our workplace. We believe that promoting diversity plays an important role in developing top-quality talent, fostering greater innovation and creativity, and enhancing our relationships with customers and the communities in which we operate.