Department: Azzur Solutions LLC
HANA Database Administrator
Location of Services: 100% Remote
Company Base: Herndon, VA
Term: Long Term
Start Date: April 10th
- Overall 8+ years of experience as DBA
- 3+ years of experience as HANA DBA
- Experience of projects with hosting new servers
- Experience in AWS environment is preferable - [AWS: Amazon Web Services]
The SAP HANA Database Administrator responsibilities will include:
5+ years of experience as a Database Administrator with 3+ years of experience as SAP HANA Database Administrator.
Role and Responsibilities: to include but not limited to;
- HANA DBA would be responsible for maintaining HANA Database landscapes, as well as coordinate with the SAP BASIS teams.
- Strong understanding of SAP Basis, Transport Management, Installs, Security, and Alert Management.
- The HANA DBA will be part of the technical team supporting all HANA environment lifecycle phases, including planning, installation, configuration, patching, change management, as well as backup and recovery planning.
- The candidate will provide technical expertise for HANA performance and tuning, as well as ensure all HANA systems maintain smooth operations through high-availability and disaster recovery.
- The candidate will be responsible for database troubleshooting, problem-solving, application capacity planning, and optimization of database resources.
- Strong database troubleshooting skills - performance tuning, patching, provisioning, and high-availability of HANA systems Monitor Hana Databases, set up alerting and automating the monitoring processes and data modeling.
- Experience using database trace utilities and trace log-file analysis Use HANA studio, DBA cockpit, analyze traces and dumps for memory and CPU consumption Experience in managing users and roles in SAP HANA system.
- HANA Installation, Data Provisioning, Admin, Modelling. Implementing SAP HANA Security mechanism, HANA XS Application service, and monitoring of HANA system. Integration of SAP HANA into different remote systems.
- Exposure to different remote access options in HANA system and experience with HANA Migrations.
- Ability to configure predictive system warnings and monitor metrics to avoid unexpected system outages
- Knowledge of SAP Database Management Transaction Codes.
- Ability to implement SAP HANA table management techniques, including data compression, table partitioning, compression techniques, and load/unload tables in memory.
- Demonstrated subject-matter expertise with HANA HA & backup and recovery methods and tools.
- Demonstrated experience managing and tuning HANA stored Procedures and Functions.
- Strong communication and teamwork skills to implement database best practices and ensure knowledge sharing as part of a shared database and ERP system landscape SAP Basis Administration knowledge and experience a plus.
- Flexible schedule, which may include weekend or after-hours work.
Requirements to apply:
- Preferred Bachelor of Science in Computer Science field
- Minimum 5 years' experience as a Database Administrator
- 3+ years in SAP HANA or S/4HANA Platforms
- UNIX Platforms
- Shell Scripting
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, IT, or equivalent preferred