Our client, a leader in the Computer Software industry, is looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer to join their dynamic team.
This role serves as a “hands-on” QA engineer who will be responsible for interfacing with the development, deployment, operations, architecture, and engineering teams, gathering the implementations information for the technical and functional system designs and then developing and automating the appropriate quality control and quality assurance checks for system updates and new deployments. This role will be responsible for utilizing provided processes, procedures, and QA tool sets in order to test and validate deployment, stability, and readiness of systems.
- Utilize provided processes, procedures, and QA tools in order to test and validate system deployments and operational readiness
- Documents full testing processes, procedures to meet the requirements for internal controls as well as system accreditation standards
- Is responsible for the product's testing and validation together with implementation team(s), drives alignment of quality assurance concepts and ensures documentation in required document(s).
- Identifies opportunities for reuse of QA/QC concepts or software parts and cross-team synergies
- Aligns QA/QC with stakeholders regarding QA/QC, functional and technical dependencies
- Supports and advices product owner by ensuring technical and QA/QC feasibility, readiness, and compliance
- Is responsible for setting up collaboration with the developers/architects of the product team/implementation team(s) and contributes to all tasks of implementation team/product team
- Coaches and advises QA/QC team(s) on all aspects which have impact on the QA/QC, reviews documents of QA/QC teams regarding testing and validation
- Monitors implementation of the QA/QC concepts together with implementation team
- Implements software parts, typically related to QA/QC
- Proposes improvements and innovations for implementing a product but also in development processes and methodologies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science / MIS / Information Technology, or equivalent experience in Information Security, Information Technology, or related technical discipline
- Minimum 3 years Information Technology experience
- Experience with Cloud technologies, especially AWS and Azure, desirable
- Experience with SOC and/or FedRAMP and other authorization processes and risk management framework
- Experience in developing, evaluating, and implementing QA/QC technologies, standards, and practices to ensure deployment and functional availability of systems
- Experience in development of QA/QC automated processes and procedures
- Flexible, self-motivated, and able to work independently in a fast paced environment
- Excellent communication skills and the proven ability to work effectively with all levels of IT and business management.
- Skill in preparing and making written and oral presentations of complex technical nature.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple tasks
- U.S. Person
SPECIFIC TECHNICAL SKILLS DESIRED:
- Problem Solving
- Able to Presenting Technical Information
- Ability to recommend Process Improvements
- Understanding of Software Maintenance
- Understanding of Software Testing
- Understanding of Network Design and Implementation
- Understanding of Load Balancing and Scalability
- Understanding of Software Performance Tuning