Department: Azzur Consulting LLC
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Depending on the laboratory area, will perform analysis on Raw Materials, Intermediates, In-Process, Finished Product, or Stability samples using established analytical methods.
- Follow good documentation practices for the accurate and timely documentation of all activities.
- Perform wet chemistry and instrumentation testing.
- Follow site HSE Policies.
- Assist with establishing and maintaining safe work standards in the lab.
- Peer review all levels of work.
- Conducts lab investigation.
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC FUNCTIONS:
- LIMS entry of data
- Use of analytical balances, HPLC, GC, KF Titrator, UV, pH Meter
- Maintain instrument readiness.
Associates Degree required, Bachelors degree in a science related field or equivalent combination of education, experience, and competencies preferred.
- 2-7 years experience with Quality Control projects within the biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries
- Working knowledge of wet chemistry required
- Working knowledge of instrumentation (GC/LC, UV, AA).
- Experience in a cGMP environment is preferred.
- Basic computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Substantial acquaintance with and understanding of application of basic analytical chemistry principles, theories, and concept.
- Use and/or Basic knowledge of industry practices and standards.
- Chromatography (GC/LC) and Spectroscopy experience a plus.
Informing, Customer Focus, Listening, Perseverance, Organizing, function/technical skills, Peer Relationships, Comfort around Higher Management
Contacts involve matters of moderate importance to the organization and include R&D, Marketing, Production employees including Engineers, Supervisors, and Operators, Logistics, EHS, and DEA. Infrequent customer contacts on routine matters.
- 80% Laboratory exposure to plant products, solvents and reagents, some of which are hazardous or potent compounds.
- 20% Office environment.
- Required to work 8–12-hour shifts, the potential for night, weekend, and holiday work depending on the lab.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
Ideal candidates will exhibit, or have the willingness to develop, the following qualities:
- Strategic thinker with strong analytical skills who can translate client needs into actionable value-added projects/results.
- Understands the competitive landscape of the medical device, pharmaceutical, and biotechnology industry.
- Willing to work hands on, assist with building client libraries, learn from a mentor, and become a mentor for others.
- Understands worldwide regulations and phase appropriate applications.
- Draws insights from projects and supplemental research to help drive new and existing growth.
- Ensures activities are efficient, optimized, and client centric.
- Highly motivated and organized, solutions oriented leader.
- Curious and adaptable - has the ability to transform knowledge into actionable activities.
- Able to produce results in a fast paced, collaborative environment.
Our employees are fueled by an entrepreneurial spirit and the desire to make a difference in the lives of our customers, coworkers and our partners. If you’re ready to put in the work, take personal responsibility and test the limits of what’s possible, we’re ready to provide the reward.
Do What You Love
At Azzur Group, it is our purpose to foster a culture that attracts and enables individuals with unique abilities and passions to reach both their life and career goals. We take crucial steps to ensure that each employee is fulfilled both in and out of the office.
In addition to our purpose, we have a set of core values that we live and breathe each day. Every benefit offered here at Azzur is designed to uphold our 5 core values; Integrity, Putting Others First, Having the Courage to Take Action, Taking Personal Responsibility and Having Fun.
It is our mission to serve our communities, build positive and established relationships, create a healthy and fun work environment, ensure each employee and their families are healthy and thriving, grow each employee professionally with one of our customized training programs and keep a clear and open line of communication.
We are an equal opportunity employer and promote diverse culture, ethnicity, gender and age in our workplace. We believe that promoting diversity plays an important role in developing top quality talent, fostering greater innovation and creativity, and enhancing our relationships with customers and the communities in which we operate.
If philanthropy, long lasting relationships, a clear career path forward and a positive, transparent and fun company culture are something you are looking for in your next role, Azzur is the place for you.