Department: Cobalt, LLC
The Procurement Manager provides leadership to the Purchasing Team in Hatboro PA, and reports to the Director of Finance. This person is responsible for activities related to the procurement of direct and indirect materials and services. The Purchasing Manager works closely with the site functional teams to understand future demand, manage on-time delivery of goods and services, and ensure compliant buying practices. This individual will utilize his or her knowledge and experience to research, negotiate and purchase goods and services that meet quality requirements and specifications at the most favorable price for the company, while simultaneously building and maintaining relationships with the Management and Operations teams.
- Provides leadership to the future purchasing team and manages all aspects of employee relations within the department (i.e. performance appraisal, discipline, team building, administration, etc.).
- Works hands on within the department.
- Works collaboratively with the Director of Finance to develop and implement an annual cost improvement program.
- Provides strategic support and tactical execution to site leadership to support critical operations initiatives.
- Works with site functional teams to identify sources and alternatives, assess quality and functionality, assess general availability and support preferred supplier strategy whenever appropriate.
- Negotiates supply agreements that address value, quality, risk mitigation, and supplier performance objectives for local needs.
- Assures the successful execution of transactional buying and manages others to assure compliance.
- Leverages a variety of sourcing tools to achieve total value, including strategic sourcing, cost analysis, demand management, and complexity reduction and alliance with the Global Procurement Category Management team.
- Reviews minimum purchase quantities, unit costs, lead times, and life cycles to assure consistent supply.
- Establish and measure performance against Key Performance Indicators for local suppliers.
- Implement policies and procedures to ensure consistent effectiveness of processes and policies.
- Keep purchasing procedures up to date and department personnel trained.
- Leads all procurement processes, both local and global, and initiates improvements to drive efficiency and reduce waste.
- Manages purchase to payment processes for the site, works with Finance to manage payables, and assures timely payment of suppliers.
- Oversees placement of purchase orders ensuring flow of inventory that guarantees optimum stock levels and meets turnover goals.
- Manages strategic sourcing processes, including requests for quote, requests for proposal, requests for information where appropriate.
- Participate in Lean initiatives such as Kaizen events, Continuous Improvement Projects, Value Stream Maps, 5S Programs, etc.
- Perform all duties as assigned.
- 5+ Years Purchasing Management Experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products; experience with an eProcurement system.
- Strong experience in interacting with Senior Management.
- Excellent leadership skills, conflict resolution, people management skills and professionalism.
- Ability to adapt to different client needs and to develop and maintain successful working relationships.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills to communicate effectively with all levels within the organization and with external stakeholders.
- Strong reading, writing, computational, analytical, problem solving and negotiating skills are required.
- Advanced mathematical skills with ability to analyze costs, develop forecasts, evaluate scenarios, and assess savings impact problem solving and developing new ways to improve operational efficiency, profitability and cost control, able to develop improvements to systems or procedures.
- Considerable knowledge of laws, ordinances, and regulations pertaining to corporate purchasing practices.
- Lead change and influence, work independently and in a team environment.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to turn actions into results.
- Experience in managing shipping and receiving departments (an asset)
Azzur Group is an equal opportunity employer and promotes diverse cultures, ethnicities, gender, and ages in our workplace. We believe that promoting diversity plays an important role in developing top-quality talent, fostering greater innovation and creativity, and enhancing our relationships with customers and the communities in which we operate.