Department: Cobalt, LLC
Our employees are fueled by an entrepreneurial spirit and the desire to make a difference in the lives of our customers, coworkers and our partners. If you’re ready to put in the work, take personal responsibility and test the limits of what’s possible, we’re ready to provide the reward.
Do What You Love
At Azzur, we look for talented individuals who take pride in the work they do. We foster employee growth by encouraging our employees to focus on doing what they love and what they do best.
Azzur is a GxP compliance and consulting organization dedicated to providing high quality, expertly backed assistance that drives life science companies to success. We are seeking highly motivated and talented individuals to join our incredible team of skilled problem solvers. Qualified candidates must have a desire to learn, apply, engage, and adapt in the ever-changing healthcare field while simultaneously and organically exuding Azzur’s core values:
Put Others First, Courage to Take Action, Take Personal Responsibility and Have Fun!
The Procurement Director will create, develop and provide leadership to the purchasing team in Hatboro, PA. This person is responsible for activities related to the procurement of direct and indirect materials and services.
The Procurement Director works closely with the site functional teams to understand future demand, manager on-time delivery of goods and services, and ensure compliant buying practices. This individual will utilize his or her knowledge and experience to research, negotiate and purchase goods and services that meet quality requirements and specifications at the most favorable price for the company, while simultaneously building and maintaining relationships with the Management and Operations teams.
- Provide leadership to the future purchasing team and manages all aspects of employee relations within the department (i.e. performance appraisal, discipline, team building, administration, etc.)
- Manages purchase to payment processes for the site, works with Finance to manage payables, and assures timely payment of suppliers.
- Oversees placement of purchase orders ensuring flow of inventory that guarantees optimum stock levels and meets turnover goals.
- Manages strategic sourcing processes, including requests for quote, requests for proposal, requests for information where appropriate.
- Works collaboratively with Finance to develop and implement an annual cost improvement program.
- Works collaboratively across Service lines to implement new procurement processes and procedures
- Provides strategic support and tactical execution to site leadership to support critical operations initiatives.
- Works with site functional teams to identify sources and alternatives, assess quality and functionality, assess general availability and support preferred supplier strategy whenever appropriate.
- Establish and measure performance against Key Performance Indicators for local suppliers.
- Implement policies and procedures to insure consistent effectiveness of processes and policies.
- Leads all procurement processes, both local and global, and initiates improvements to drive efficiency and reduce waste.
- Negotiates supply agreements that address value, quality, risk mitigation, and supplier performance objectives for local needs.
- Assures the successful execution of transactional buying and manages others to assure compliance.
- Leverages a variety of sourcing tools to achieve total value, including strategic sourcing, cost analysis, demand, management, and complexity reduction and alliance with the Global Procurement Category Management team.
- Reviews minimum purchase quantities, unit costs, lead times, and life cycles to assure consistent supply.
- Keep purchasing procedures up to date and department personnel trained.
- Participate in Lean initiatives such as Kaizen events, Continuous Improvement Projects, Value Stream Maps, 5S Programs, etc.
Basic Qualifications & Position Requirements:
- BS degree in Business or Finance related major
- MS degree
Required Work Experience:
- 7 years of purchasing management experience
- Strong experience in interacting with Senior Management
- Experience in managing shipping and receiving departments (an asset)
Preferred Work Experience:
- 10 years of purchasing management experience
- Ability to adapt to different client needs and to develop and maintain successful working relationships.
- Knowledge of laws, ordinances, and regulations pertaining to corporate purchasing practices.
Fulltime Employment with Azzur can offer you:
- Flexible PTO
- Training and Development Opportunities
- 401(k) match
- Bonus Eligibility
- Medical Benefits
- Paid Holidays
- Company provided laptop
Who we are:
Azzur Group is dedicated to providing clients with efficient, innovative quality and compliance solutions from Discovery to Delivery™. With more than 500 industry partners, including 80% of the top pharma/biotech manufacturers in the U.S., Azzur Group provides carefully calibrated and efficiently executed project management, process engineering, and compliance services. As one of the fastest-growing private companies in America, Azzur Group provides clients with consulting, facility solutions, engineering, validation, IT, technical, training, COD, laboratory services, and solutions they need to remain innovative and competitive.