Department: Azzur Consulting LLC
Expected Salary Range: $96,000-$155,000
Medical Device Project Manager
Azzur personnel are expected to always live up to our core values and exhibit a high level of integrity and personal responsibility, especially when interacting with our valued clients. The following is a short list of the typical responsibilities and deliverables of any given project. The level of knowledge expected will be commensurate with level of incoming experience.
The successful candidate will have expertise in the Medical Device or related industry. The position will play a key role in supporting projects associated with new and/or legacy products. This position will typically work cross-functionally, driving and collaborating with representatives in R&D, Operations, Quality, Marketing, Clinical, and Regulatory to assure the successful execution of business goals.
- Project manager and technical leader for a team of cross-functional representatives in design, development, and commercialization of Class I, II & III medical devices as well as related R&D or business excellence programs.
- Develop both internal and external stakeholder relationships, expectations, and communications. Present and facilitate discussions up to senior leadership level.
- Manage projects in accordance with established project management methodologies and establish the right governance within the project/program, to meet stakeholders needs.
- Drive the creation of project plans and critical paths, allocation of project teams, tasks, and
Manage project schedule, action items and communication plans.
- Develop appropriate milestone plans and manage project change to control scope, mitigate risks, schedule, and budget.
- Able to coordinate team Intensive Planning Sessions to define scope, deliverables, interdependencies and required cross functional support.
- Lead, manage and direct the development and execution of integrated project plans relevant to the deliverables and ensure alignment across relevant functions and a smooth transition across project phases and workstreams.
- Build and maintain relationships with business representatives and stakeholders. Management of KPIs of project delivery to ensure targets are met.
- Prepare project risk management plans and identify mitigations.
- Ensure external suppliers/partners are meeting expected timelines, delivery schedules and costs.
- Implement project improvement strategies to improve quality, reliability, and/or reduce cost.
- Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years of project and program management experience, preferably in the Medical Device industry.
- Knowledgeable medical device standards such as ISO 13485 and CFR 830.30. Follow policies, processes, and procedures in the quality system.
- Experienced in all facets of project management methodology including the generation and
maintenance of Gant Charts.
- Excellent communication skills in facilitating cross functional team meetings and communicating status updates to stakeholders.
- Expert in MS Project or equivalent scheduling and tracking programs.
- Proven track record of successful collaboration and leadership to cross-functional teams to
advance complex projects to completion. Excellent organizational, leadership, teamwork, written and verbal communication skills together with demonstrated ability to work in a highly matrixed team environment with enthusiasm and a proactive, positive attitude.
- Proven problem-solving, analytical, and critical thinking skills.
- Experience with risk analysis methodologies and thorough understanding of data analytics.
Ideal candidates will exhibit, or have the willingness to develop, the following qualities:
- Strategic thinker with strong analytical skills who can translate client needs into actionable value-added projects/results.
- Understands the competitive landscape of the medical device, pharmaceutical, and biotechnology industry.
- Willing to work hands on, assist with building client libraries, learn from a mentor, and become a mentor for others.
- Understands worldwide regulations and phase appropriate applications.
Draws insights from projects and supplemental research to help drive new and existing growth.
- Ensures activities are efficient, optimized, and client centric.
- Highly motivated and organized, solutions-oriented leader.
- Curious and adaptable - can transform knowledge into actionable activities.
Our employees are fueled by an entrepreneurial spirit and the desire to make a difference in the lives of our customers, coworkers, and our partners. If you’re ready to put in the work, take personal responsibility and test the limits of what’s possible, we’re ready to provide the reward.
Do What You Love
At Azzur Group, it is our purpose to foster a culture that attracts and enables individuals with unique abilities and passions to reach both their life and career goals. We take crucial steps to ensure that each employee is fulfilled both in and out of the office. In addition to our purpose, we have a set of core values that we live and breathe each day. Every benefit offered here at Azzur is designed to uphold our 4 core values; Put Others First, Have the Courage to Take Action, Take Personal Responsibility and Have Fun. It is our mission to serve our communities, build positive and established relationships, create a healthy and fun work environment, ensure each employee and their families are healthy and thriving, grow each employee professionally with one of our customized training programs and keep a clear and open line of communication.
We are an equal opportunity employer and promote diverse culture, ethnicity, gender, and age in our
workplace. We believe that promoting diversity plays an important role in developing top quality talent, fostering greater innovation and creativity, and enhancing our relationships with customers and the communities in which we operate. If philanthropy, long lasting relationships, a clear career path forward and a positive, transparent, and fun company culture are something you are looking for in your next role, Azzur is the place for you.