Department: Azzur Solutions LLC
Azzur Group is proudly partnered with one of the largest Software Companies in the world to identify a Remote Sr. Level Linux Systems Administrator. Qualified Herndon, VA candidates are encouraged to apply.
NOTE: Since this opportunity will be focused on Federal Government Agencies our client has requested Permanent Residents (Citizens) with no dual citizenship. Security Clearance is not required.
Key words: Linux Administration (Sr. Level), AWS (Sr. Level), Atlassian Admin. Support and maintenance, Confluence, Jira, Bitbucket, Bash Scripting, some windows like Active Directory.
Personality & workstyle: CTO wants someone who’s very proactive. This individual doesn’t need much direction once they've acclimated to the environment.
- Proactively engage in and improve the complete lifecycle of services inception and design, through deployment, operation, and refinement.
- Support new capability development and external collaboration through the process of developing automation, developing software development infrastructure, developing security frameworks, and planning continuous delivery cycles.
- Maintain services that are live by helping to measure and monitor availability, security, and overall system health.
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation and evolve systems by pushing for changes in reliability, security, and velocity.
- Perform account creation, administration, and maintenance
- Ensure Labs systems meet security requirements to include perform system backups and security scans, maintain audit logs, system updates and patching, and compliance with customer security directives
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems.
- Systematic problem-solving approach coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with VPC’s, Subnets, NACLs.
- Experience with Unix / Linux operating system internals and administration (e.g., filesystems, inodes, system calls, hardening) and networking (e.g., TCP / IP, routing, DNS, network topologies, SDN).
- Experience with Active Directory, as well as DNS
- Experience with security hardening and monitoring
- Expertise in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- Experience with SMTP/Email
- Experience with Atlassian products (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket), Mattermost, and development tools such as Nexus and Jenkins
- Experience with cloud development (AWS, Azure)