Location: Boston, MA
Our client is looking for a experienced LCM Software Engineer is part of an Agile team of software and product development professionals creating software for digital surgery products. You will build on our existing architecture and technologies to bring new features to software products such as robotic assist medical devices.
- Develop key deliverables and lead a small team of software engineers, verification engineers and dev ops professionals, to plan and produce software releases for complex surgical products.
- Interface with other departments such as QA, Mfg, Service and Sales to ensure needs are met and expectations set appropriately.
- Coordinate periodic tool review and validation updates.
- Review and maintain commercial licenses and support contracts.
- Create and update design documentation and associated test software used to verify subsystems and software products.
- Follow defined plans and timescales to complete the processes leading to software releases.
- Develop required documentation and associated quality records to support software releases.
- Work closely with engineers in other development teams to coordinate deliverables to
- planned software releases.
- Update work instructions and documentation related to Software Life Cycle Management processes.
- Support other LCM activities as required.
- A minimum of a bachelor's degree; A major in Computer Science, Systems Engineering or similar is preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience with software development for complex real technical products.
- Experience in a lead technical role assigning and tracking activities of a small team.
- A minimum of 3 years demonstrated proficiency in programming languages; C++ and/or C# , associated development tools (VS, G++) as well as with scripting languages and tools such as; Perl, Python, Powerbuilder.
- Experience in the software deployment and update of approved medical products (SAMD / SIMD) in the US.
- Candidates with experience developing for products that include robotics subsystems.
- Experience with Agile software development practices and tools such as Azure/Jira.
- This position may require up to 10% travel depending on business needs.