Department: Azzur Consulting LLC
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Azzur personnel are expected to live up to our core values at all times and exhibit a high level of integrity and personal responsibility, especially when interacting with our valued clients. The following is a short list of the typical responsibilities and deliverables of any given project. The level of knowledge expected will be commensurate with level of incoming experience.
- Support the facility and utility engineering function including the design, commissioning and operation of relevant unit operations (boilers, compressors, high purity water treatment, HVAC, etc), including project updates and maintaining utility and facility equipment project life cycle documents (reliability, maintenance, operations standard operating procedures).
- Develop conceptual engineering designs improvements and the corresponding process flow diagrams and piping/instrumentation diagrams.
- Develop design documents for the utility and facility equipment in accordance with Good Engineering Practice, (GMP)
- Develop utility and facility equipment procurement specifications and data sheets based on approved design documents.
- Support the development of equipment and facility bid evaluations for procurement of the utility and facility equipment and system construction packages.
- Review vendor equipment drawings and specifications and drive the system integration with the site utilities and computerized systems (SCADA).
- Review and comment on design packages from A&E firms.
- Create mapping of the critical quality attributes against the process requirements and identify the critical process parameters.
- Support the preparation of risk assessments and Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA) and other applicable risk assessments against the proposed process to determine acceptable design and control strategies.
- Participate in multi-functional design reviews, identify gaps to the original design documents and update design documents as required to remediate gaps.
- Prepare change control documents and justifications as required.
- Develop commissioning and qualification documents for facility and utility equipment and the associated manufacturing lines.
- Education: BS/BA degree required. An advanced degree in Chemical, Mechanical or Biomedical Engineering is a plus.
- 0-1 year experience in a regulated, manufacturing environment within the biotechnology, pharmaceutical or medical device industry.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; excellent technical writing skills. ∙ Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced multitasking environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Working for multiple clients throughout the region.
Azzur is a GxP compliance and consulting organization dedicated to providing high quality, expertly backed, assistance that drives life science companies to success.
No matter where you are in the product development lifecycle, Azzur is here to help you start, scale, and sustain your business. From pre-clinical manufacturing to process design and process performance qualification, Azzur Group works hand-in-hand with the world's most renowned manufactures to employ risk-based and phase appropriate GxP solutions.
With a national network of engineers and consultants, we offer comprehensive quality assurance and regulatory compliance, and validation services specifically geared for the complexities of life science.
Do What You Love
We are seeking highly motivated individuals that have the desire to learn, are able to adapt to the ever-changing life sciences field and are flexible to work on various projects throughout the Southern California region all while exuding Azzur’s core values: Put Others First, Courage to Take Action, Take Personal Responsibility and Have Fun!
We aim to serve our clients, create a healthy and fun work environment, and assist with professional growth for each individual through customized career development plans. As a consultant working on multiple cross functional projects, you will be able to quickly garner a wide range of skills and areas of expertise that will propel your career progression.
If a clear career path forward and a positive, transparent, and fun company culture are something you are looking for in your next role, Azzur is the place for you!
Ideal candidates will exhibit, or have the willingness to develop, the following qualities:
- Strategic thinker with strong analytical skills who can translate client needs into actionable value-added projects/results
- Willing to work hands on with multiple clients throughout Southern California
- Ensures activities are efficient, optimized, and client centric.
- Highly motivated and organized, solutions-oriented leader
- Curious and adaptable - has the ability to transform knowledge into actionable activities
- Able to produce results in a fast paced, collaborative environment
Perks of Working at Azzur
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Competitive 401K plan
- Flexible Paid Vacation Time
- Employee Recognition Program
- Diversity and Inclusion Initiatives
- Training and Mentorship Opportunities
Learn more about who we are and what makes us great here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VmKkBLkoFQ