Department: DNU - Azzur Chicago, LLC
From Discovery to Delivery™, Azzur Group provides the life science community with full lifecycle solutions for all their GxP needs. From Azzur Cleanrooms on Demand™ facilities, to labs, training centers, and consulting and advisory offices across the nation, Azzur helps organizations start, scale, and sustain their enterprises. With four decades of service to the industry, we've become a trusted partner to leading pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device, and healthcare companies, as well as their supply chain.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Must Haves):
- Perform routing and dynamic environmental monitoring (EM) consisting of non-viable particulates (NVP), viable air (VP) and viable surface (VS) testing
- Perform routine utility sample collection and testing
- Enter the EM and utility data into LIMS database for trend analysis.
- Perform various microbiological and chemical laboratory tests for EM, utility, and investigational samples
- Maintain compliance with GMP and GLP guidelines
- Assist and support all quality control activities and deliverables as assigned
- Demonstrate a "right-first time" attitude and attention to detail
- Perform other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Incumbent must possess a B.S. in Microbiology, Biology or a related scientific discipline or have at least 1 year of laboratory of experience with an emphasis on Quality Control procedures.
- Aseptic handling techniques are required.
- Environmental monitoring.
- Viable and non-viable particulate sampling
- Work experience on product quality control testing a plus.
- Experience in a cGMPs/cGLPs (Good Manufacturing Practices/Good Laboratory Practices) environment is a plus.
Perks of Working at Azzur
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Competitive 401K plan
- Volunteer Paid Time Off
- Flexible Paid Vacation Time
- Employee Recognition Program
- Diversity and Inclusion Initiatives
- Training and Mentorship Opportunities
Do What You Love
At Azzur Group, it is our purpose to foster a culture that attracts and enables individuals with unique abilities and passions to reach both their life and career goals. We take crucial steps to ensure that each employee is fulfilled both in and out of the office.
In addition to our purpose, we have a set of core values that we live and breathe each day. Every benefit offered here at Azzur is designed to uphold our 4 core values; Putting Others First, Having the Courage to Take Action, Taking Personal Responsibility and Having Fun.
It is our mission to serve our communities, build positive and established relationships, create a healthy and fun work environment, ensure each employee and their families are healthy and thriving, grow each employee professionally with one of our customized training programs and keep a clear and open line of communication.
We are an equal opportunity employer and promote diverse culture, ethnicity, gender and age in our workplace. We believe that promoting diversity plays an important role in developing top quality talent, fostering greater innovation and creativity, and enhancing our relationships with customers and the communities in which we operate.
If philanthropy, long lasting relationships, a clear career path forward and a positive, transparent and fun company culture are something you are looking for in your next role, Azzur is the place for you.
Ideal candidates will exhibit, or have the willingness to develop, the following qualities:
- Strategic thinker with strong analytical skills who can translate client needs into actionable value-added projects/results
- Understands the competitive landscape of the medical device, pharmaceutical, and biotechnology industry
- Willing to work hands on, assist with building client libraries, learn from a mentor and become a mentor for others.
- Understands worldwide regulations and phase appropriate applications
- Draws insights from projects and supplemental research to help drive new and existing growth.
- Ensures activities are efficient, optimized, and client-centric.
- Highly motivated and organized, solutions oriented leader
- Curious and adaptable - has the ability to transform knowledge into actionable activities
- Able to produce results in a fast paced, collaborative environment