Department: Azzur Consulting LLC
Our employees are fueled by an entrepreneurial spirit and the desire to make a difference in the lives of our customers, coworkers and our partners. If you’re ready to put in the work, take personal responsibility and test the limits of what’s possible, we’re ready to provide the reward.
Do What You Love
At Azzur Group, it is our purpose to foster a culture that attracts and enables individuals with unique abilities and passions to reach both their life and career goals. We take crucial steps to ensure that each employee is fulfilled both in and out of the office.
In addition to our purpose, we have a set of core values that we live and breathe each day. Every benefit offered here at Azzur is designed to uphold our 5 core values; Integrity, Putting Others First, Having the Courage to Take Action, Taking Personal Responsibility and Having Fun.
It is our mission to serve our communities, build positive and established relationships, create a healthy and fun work environment, ensure each employee and their families are healthy and thriving, grow each employee professionally with one of our customized training programs and keep a clear and open line of communication.
We are an equal opportunity employer and promote diverse culture, ethnicity, gender and age in our workplace. We believe that promoting diversity plays an important role in developing top quality talent, fostering greater innovation and creativity, and enhancing our relationships with customers and the communities in which we operate.
If philanthropy, long lasting relationships, a clear career path forward and a positive, transparent and fun company culture are something you are looking for in your next role, Azzur is the place for you.
Ideal candidates will exhibit, or have the willingness to develop, the following qualities:
- Strategic thinker with strong analytical skills who can translate client needs into actionable value-added projects/results.
- Understands the competitive landscape of the medical device, pharmaceutical, and biotechnology industry.
- Willing to work hands on, assist with building client libraries, learn from a mentor and become a mentor for others.
- Understands worldwide regulations and phase appropriate applications.
- Draws insights from projects and supplemental research to help drive new and existing growth.
- Ensures activities are efficient, optimized, and client-centric.
- Highly motivated and organized, solutions oriented leader.
- Curious and adaptable - has the ability to transform knowledge into actionable activities.
- Able to produce results in a fast paced, collaborative environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Azzur personnel are expected to live up to our core values at all times and exhibit a high level of integrity and personal responsibility, especially when interacting with our valued clients. The following is a short list of the typical responsibilities and deliverables of any given project. The level of knowledge expected will be commensurate with level of incoming experience.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The Director will be responsible for ensuring that day-to-day management needs of both Azzur and its’ clients are met by providing hands on support for projects, and direction for the team of consultants. The Director will also be responsible for growing the core consulting practice, managing & developing the team of consultants and executing billable consulting work as needed.
- Manage and oversee all aspects of the day-to-day operations of the project teams and opportunities located in the region.
- Ensure that all projects, initiatives and processes are in conformance with both Azzur & its clients’ requirements.
- Work closely with the General Manager and other Directors to develop company goals and identify new business initiatives.
- Closely monitor and report status of projects & key performance indicators.
- Maintain resource status updates and manage resource allocation for multiple projects & client sites.
- Create and support career development programs for individuals and conduct performance reviews.
- Support talent acquisition in the region including candidate interviewing, onboarding and mentoring.
- Attend client meetings, industry events, conferences, and other functions with key clients, partners and Azzur.
- Leverage industry knowledge and continuously expand professional networks to support business development efforts.
- Understand the landscape of the medical device, pharmaceutical, and biotechnology industry and identify growth opportunities for Azzur.
- Leverage and expand industry knowledge and contacts to grow the business.
- Provide input and support marketing initiatives as needed.
- Partner with the sales organization to meet with new potential clients to build relationships.
- Collaborate with other regional offices or functional areas on shared clients and needs (such as multi-site companies/clients, GMP Library, and Audits.
- Translate new and existing client needs into actionable value-added projects/results.
- Prepare capability presentations, proposals, and agreements for new and existing clients.
- Monitor and report status of projects and key performance indicators, as needed.
- Maintain resource levels and allocations to agreed upon utilization targets.
- Manage accounts receivables and payables to agreed upon levels.
- Responsible for timely review and approval of employee time and expenses.
- Responsible for timely review and approval client and supplier invoices.
- Develop annual forecasts and track and report on progress quarterly.
- Develop business revenue and profitability projections and monitor/correct performance.
- Travel 25% to client sites and to other offices for leadership team meetings.
Promoting teamwork by:
- Collaborating with co-workers.
- Leading and attending staff meetings as required.
- Meeting individual company goals as established.
- Strong interpersonal skills such as: Establishing rapport and maintaining positive communication with others, demonstrating respect and support with peers, clients, and team members maintaining flexibility with changing environments.
- Adhering to company and departmental policies.
Supervisory responsibilities of direct reports:
Meets Leadership goals by:
- Planning, organizing and managing activities in concert with the COO.
- Supporting staff in establishing and communicating business goals for the office.
- Coaching, developing and motivating direct report/s to maximize performance & potential.
- Providing regular periodic performance feedback and following the company’s commitment to conduct and issue 90 day review and semi-annual and annual reviews as applicable.
- If an annual review is issued, establishing business objectives/goals and (employee) personal developmental objectives in the given time frames (after 90 day introductory review followed by goal setting after annual review).
- Monitoring set goals on a regular basis (quarterly).
Meets Training & Development and HR goals, such as:
- Ensuring adequate staffing levels are maintained.
- Identifying and attracting new staff.
- Participating in / developing training for staff.
- Providing mechanism for professional growth and development of office staff>
- Ensuring training has been received before undertaking specific duties and that all training is documented in training records.
- Conforming to Company's Policies and Procedures, i.e., Absence/Attendance.
- Ensuring accurate and timely completion of assigned employee timesheets.
- 15+ years in regulated, manufacturing environment within the biotechnology, pharmaceutical, or medical device industry.
- 3+ years experience in business management, planning, and financial oversight.
- 3+ years experience in personnel management, including hiring, supervision, and evaluation.
- 5+ years life science compliance (validation or quality) or engineering.
- Strong understanding of FDA and cGMP regulations and documentation practices.
- Data analysis and analytical skills.
- Effective problem solving and mediation skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Proven and established healthcare life sciences (HLS) network in designated region.
- Prior experience as director / operations manager / or project manager.
- Strong communication and people skills.
- Prior sales/customer service experience.
- Prior experience in consulting operations, supporting internal and/or external clients
· Customer service/client relations.
· Communication proficiency.
· Attention to detail.
· Can work productively independently with minor supervision,
· Self-motivated, flexible, dependable and available,
· Excellent organizational and time management skills.
· Ability to work in a team environment.
- Demonstrated project management skills.