Department: Azzur IT, LLC
SUMMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
The Sr. Director / Director is responsible for the overall business results of the designated office and service area (a.k.a. practice). Core responsibilities include sourcing and winning new business, attracting and retaining people, and managing finances and operations.
Set strategic direction for the office and manage business risks
Develop business by establishing and maintaining positive relationships with new and exisiting clients.
Support the attraction, hiring, development, and retention of skilled resources for the delivery of services.
Manage and maintain revenue and profitability, as defined on an annual basis (i.e. the profit and loss (P&L)).
Manage service execution by providing subject matter expertise, overseeing employee productivity and quality, and providing hands
on support, if needed.
·Leverage and expand industry knowledge and contacts to grow the business
·Provide input and support marketing initiatives as needed.
·Partner with the sales organization to meet with new potential clients to build relationships
·Collaborate with other regional offices or functional areas on shared clients and needs (such as multi-site companies/clients, GMP Library, and Audits.
·Translate new and existing client needs into actionable value-added projects/results
·Prepare capability presentations, proposals, and agreements for new and existing clients
·Monitor and report status of projects and key performance indicators, as needed
·Maintain resource levels and allocations to agreed upon utilization targets
·Manage accounts receivables and payables to agreed upon levels
·Responsible for timely review and approval of employee time and expenses
·Responsible for timely review and approval client and supplier invoices
·Develop annual forecasts and track and report on progress quarterly
· Develop business revenue and profitability projections and monitor/correct performance
- BS degree in Engineering, Science, or equivalent technical degree and/or industry experience.
Required Work Experience:
- 15+ years in regulated, manufacturing environment within the biotechnology, pharmaceutical, or medical device industry
- 3+ years experience in business management, planning, and financial oversight
- 3+ years experience in personnel management, including hiring, supervision, and evaluation
- Proven and established healthcare life sciences (HLS) network in designated region
- Prior experience as director / operations manager / or project manager
- Strong communication and people skills
- Prior sales/customer service experience
- 5+ years life science compliance (validation or quality) or engineering
- Strong understanding of FDA and cGMP regulations and documentation practices
- Data analysis and analytical skills
- Effective problem solving and mediation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Prior experience in consulting operations, supporting internal and/or external clients
Skills (incl.Typical Mental Demands):
- Reasoning Ability/Mathematical Skills/Computer Skills/Language Skills:
- Computer skills
- Business acumen
- Customer service/client relations
- Communication proficiency
- Attention to detail
- Can work productively independently with minor supervision
- Self-motivated, flexible, dependable and available
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Demonstrated project management skills