The Azzur Group is seeking a highly motivated and experienced attorney for the role of Corporate Counsel. The selected applicant will report directly to the Chief Administrative Office and will be responsible for providing legal counsel, strategy, and direction on a variety of commercial legal matters.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as company's legal representative and first point of contact for commercial legal matters
- Supervise and liaison with outside counsel on various legal matters as needed.
- Provide legal guidance and counsel to leadership team on matters impacting the business
- Draft, negotiate and manage legal aspects of all forms of commercial agreements, including supporting pre-sales activities, and providing ongoing post-closing legal support (amendments, revisions, reviews) to internal business leadership
- Provide legal analyses and risk assessment providing pragmatic and actionable legal recommendations supporting the business needs and and/or company requirements.
- Oversee and maintain the company's legal document repository and support all retention and access requirements.
- JD degree from an accredited school of law
- Admission to the Bar in good standing in one or more US jurisdictions; PA, CA, MA, DE, NC desirable.
- 5 or more years commercial and transactional legal experience - in-house, professional services industry
- IT savvy.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment where responsiveness and speed-to-market are paramount.
- Experience in business risks analysis and handling business needs in a complex services environment.
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills.
- Strong customer-facing orientation.
- Detail orientation and strong time-and-task management skills.
- Knowledge of/work within FDA regulated life sciences or healthcare sector is preferred.