Department: Azzur Consulting LLC
Azzur’s Objective with this Positions:
Azzur is currently designing a team of Controls and Automation Engineers that comprise of the essential duties and responsibilities listed in the next section. We are working with our clients who have been continuing to outsource more and more of their pharmaceutical engineering and automation development and transfer work. Ideally, our team will consist of individuals that, when working together, can fulfill all the technical experience listed. If you have three or more of these please consider joining our team in this growing service, we are offering to our customers.
- GxP, GLP, GMP, Pharmaceutical, and Biotechnology experience
- Bachelors required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Embraces a culture of sharing knowledge and training others.
- Strong ability to lead cross-functional teams
- Proficient at driving methods of change in achieving productivity improvement goals
- Solid knowledge of change management and documentation systems, CMMS systems,
preferably SAP Plant Maintenance module.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications, exposure to cGMP guiding work practices and principles.
- Science, Engineering or related discipline
- 2 to 10 years’ experience in the Pharmaceutical, Medical Device, or Biologics industry
- Experience with process instrumentation and calibration
- Prior experience in Automation/Controls is required
- Must be results oriented with several years of hands-on experience, familiar with
industry concepts, practices, and procedures in a cGMP environment
- Knowledge of deviation, change controls, and CAPA investigations
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Azzur personnel are expected to always live up to our core values and exhibit a high level of
integrity and personal responsibility, especially when interacting with our valued clients. The
following is a short list of the typical responsibilities and deliverables of any given project. The
level of knowledge expected will be commensurate with level of incoming experience.
- Develop technical knowledge on manufacturing equipment and process automation systems including Delta V, BAS, FMS, OSiPI/AF, Siemens, and Rockwell systems.
- Responsible for resolution of all equipment breakdowns and quality issues in the suites
- Provide SME support to Manufacturing and other departments for the design and operation of process automation equipment
- Conduct troubleshooting and technical analyses on manufacturing equipment and process automation systems including PI data analyses, CIP/SIP circuit development and review, flow path analyses, code review/troubleshooting, etc.
- Act as Controls engineering lead for tech transfer of new processes into the facility
- Complete change request lot assessments to support lot release
- Participates in IPT/JPT meetings and customer ad hoc meetings as Controls/Engineering SME
- Represents group at Controls Engineering DMS meetings
- Participates in audits and inspections as Controls SME
- Ability to support and be available for off-hours requirements.
Ideal candidates will exhibit, or have the willingness to develop, the following qualities:
- Strategic thinker with strong analytical skills who can translate client needs into
actionable value-added projects/results
- Understands the competitive landscape of the medical device, pharmaceutical, and
- Willing to work hands on, assist with building client libraries, learn from a mentor and
become a mentor for others.
- Understands worldwide regulations and phase appropriate applications
- Draws insights from projects and supplemental research to help drive new and
- Ensures activities are efficient, optimized, and client centric.
- Able to produce results in a fast paced, collaborative environment
Our employees are fueled by an entrepreneurial spirit and the desire to make a difference in the lives of our customers, coworkers, and our partners. If you’re ready to put in the work, take
personal responsibility and test the limits of what’s possible, we’re ready to provide the reward.
Do What You Love
At Azzur Group, it is our purpose to foster a culture that attracts and enables individuals with
unique abilities and passions to reach both their life and career goals. We take crucial steps to
ensure that each employee is fulfilled both in and out of the office.
In addition to our purpose, we have a set of core values that we live and breathe each day. Every benefit offered here at Azzur is designed to uphold our 4 core values: Putting Others First, Having the Courage to Take Action, Taking Personal Responsibility and Having Fun.
It is our mission to serve our communities, build positive and established relationships, create a
healthy and fun work environment, ensure each employee and their families are healthy and
thriving, grow each employee professionally with one of our customized training programs and
keep a clear and open line of communication.
We are an equal opportunity employer and promote diverse culture, ethnicity, gender, and age in our workplace. We believe that promoting diversity plays an important role in developing top
quality talent, fostering greater innovation and creativity, and enhancing our relationships with
customers and the communities in which we operate. If philanthropy, long lasting relationships, a clear career path forward and a positive, transparent, and fun company culture are something you are looking for in your next role, Azzur is the place for you.
Perks of Working at Azzur SF:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Competitive 401K plan
- Flexible Paid Vacation Time
- Employee Recognition Program
- Diversity and Inclusion Initiatives
- Training and Mentorship Opportunities
Find us on social media:
Instagram for our California regions: Azzur_LA, Azzur_SD and Azzur_SF
View our culture video in YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPNjmsDu0LY