Department: Azzur Labs, LLC
Azzur Labs is seeking a Senior Director of Lab services for their various locations. This person will be responsible for the overall business results of the laboratory and service area. Core responsibilities include sourcing and winning new business, attracting, and retaining people, managing finances and operations, and assuring compliance with governing agencies and client specifications. Applicants should have a broad diversity of experiences in biotech and pharmaceutical laboratory management.
- Set strategic direction for the Practice including short- and long-term goals.
- Develop business by establishing and maintaining positive relationships with new and existing clients.
- Support the attraction, hiring, development, and retention of skilled resources for the delivery of services
- Manage and maintain revenue and profitability, as defined on an annual basis
- Manage service execution by providing subject matter expertise, overseeing employee productivity and quality, and providing hands-on support, if needed
Required Work Experience:
- 10+ years in a regulated, laboratory environment within the biotechnology, pharmaceutical, or medical device industry.
- 5+ years life science compliance(microbiology).
- 5+ years of experience in Plasmid Monitoring, vector integration, residuals, mycoplasma, in vitro assays for adventitious viruses,qPCR, PERT,
- 3+ years in Replication competent virus assay for lentivirus, adenovirus, AAV, etc.
- Droplet digital PCR (ddPCR)
- Pinnacle Q-PCR™ assay
- AUC for empty/full capsid
- Vector identification by qPC
- ddPCR (genomic titer)
- 3+ years’ experience in business management, planning, and financial oversight
- 3+ years’ experience in personnel management, including hiring, supervision, and evaluation
- Experience in A GMP microbiological laboratory, compendia testing and compliance with USP, FDA, ISO AAMI and AOAC is required.
- Experience with gene and cell therapy test methodologies (PCR, Flow Cytometry, ELISA, Mycoplasma and cell-based assays)
- Proven and established HLS network in a designated region
- Prior experience as director/operations manager / or project manager
- Outstanding people skills
- Prior sales/customer service experience.
- BS degree in Engineering, Science, or equivalent technical degree
Fulltime Employment with Azzur can offer you:
- Flexible PTO
- Training and Development Opportunities
- 401(k) match
- Bonus Eligibility
- Medical Benefits
- Paid Holidays
- Company provided laptop
Who we are:
Azzur Group is a professional service company providing biotechnology and pharmaceutical clients with engineering, validation, CSV-IT, technical, and consulting services. At Azzur, we look to hire full-time consultants who deliver results to our valued clients while providing you the opportunity to develop and grow in the industry through diverse project assignments. Using our 4 Core Values as guidance, we expect all Azzur Employees to:
- Put Others First,
- Have the Courage to Take Action,
- Take Personal Responsibility, and
- Have Fun!
Azzur Group is an equal opportunity employer and promotes diverse cultures, ethnicity, gender, and age in our workplace. We believe that promoting diversity plays an important role in developing top-quality talent, fostering greater innovation and creativity, and enhancing our relationships with customers and the communities in which we operate.